12.04.2015

Review for Kinetic by S.K. Anthony #superheros #paranormal


Let me first begin by saying I love Superheros! I always wanted to be one, and Kinetic is raging with super powers. S.K. Anthony has the ability to make it sound realistic and scientific how these people evolved with unimaginable powers such as healing, hypnotizing, fire-beams charging out of their hands, disappearing, and more. Our main character Annie has strength, great strength. The petite Annie can wrestle anyone and anything and come out on top. The big problem is, their power has a draining effect on their bodies.

The Blurb:
 Being strong is one thing. Being an unlimited source of power is quite another.

Genetically altered by the Organization, Annie Fox takes down criminals CIA-style with her luminary strength. With nothing to mend but her broken heart, she is relentlessly pursued by her boss Derek Lake. Just when Annie is about to give him a chance, her ex-husband unexpectedly comes out of hiding.

A wanted man, Nick Logan is a cold-hearted murderer who is considered enemy number one, and orders are clear: kill on contact. He is more powerful than ever and threatens the lives of those she holds most dear. His plan? Get his hands on Annie and use her Kinetic energy to destroy them all. When Annie finds herself with an opportunity to end him, she pauses, horrified by the scars covering the face she once loved. A split second that will cost her everything


  Cathrina's Review:

Now that you all read the blurb, I can say Kinetic is a fast paced read and held my interest. I especially liked the despicable Nick Logan, enemy number one. He was one pissed-off dude that you have to love. He was sexy and lethal all in one. I admit, I have a thing for 17 year-old, Kevin, who can disappear and reappear anywhere, cool. I'm drawn to witty sarcasm and Kinetic has plenty of that. 

S.K. Anthony spins an intriguing tale. I did figure out who the bad guy was, but that's okay. It was interesting and somewhat typical as to why he was doing what he was doing. Remember I don't like leaving spoilers. If you're interested, I highly suggest reading Kinetic. 

What Super Power Would You Pick?

12 comments:

  1. Super power? Flight. With inivisbility a close second.
    Thanks for the review. Needless to say my weak willed self is tempted. Again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one and the sequel, Static just came out.

      Delete
  2. Excellent review of an interesting book. The story is enthralling.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! I would love the superpower to teleport. I could visit faraway family and go to all sorts of exotic places, and then come home and sleep in my own bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Christine's choice of the power to teleport. How cool would that be?
    This book has been on my TBR list forever and this review is a great reminder that I need to hurry up and read it already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! The cover has caught my eye several times, although I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely sounds like a fun read. And I'd love to teleport too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting the review! Can I combine teleporting with invisibility? Or alternate weeks with them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I'm sticking with my favorite super power. I want to be able to fly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going with either flying or healing . . . wish I could have both, actually. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's happening in your dimension?